Mid-May to Mid-June
- Fertilize trees and shrubs.
- Mow up and bag any winter lawn debris. Set mower to 1.5” height. This will encourage growth from the grass crown. During additional mowings always mulch and leave clippings as they provide nutrients to the lawn. Set your mower to 2” or higher for the season. The 2” grass will actually choke out many invasive weed species and you won’t need to apply as much weed killer.
- Fertilize lawn/Apply crab grass preventer if soil has reached a temperature of 50 degrees. Use organic fertilizer low in phosphorous if at all possible.
- Perform any spring lawn seeding you would like to do but do not apply any weed killers to the newly seeded areas.
- Purchase and install any annual plantings after overnight frost is no longer threatening. Usually this is after May 15th.
- Breathe in and enjoy the fresh and new spring beauty around you. Take in the sights, smells, and sounds of spring!